It’s not where you take the trail…. it’s where the trail takes you!
The Greenbelt Conservancy is thrilled to welcome you back for the Annual Fall Flat 5K Trail Race in Willowbrook Park.
This year, we will host an in-person race. The in-person race will take place on Saturday, November 20 in Willowbrook Park (2 Eton Place).
The cost of adult registration is $45 which includes a race bib and swag! Bib and swag pick-up will take place on race day only.
***Under 18 participants should use the code UNDER18 at registration for $10 off***
The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. Please note the following changes to align with recommended safety protocols:
– Participants will register for assigned heat times: 8:00 am, 9:00 am, 10:00 am. Each heat will be capped at 50 runners. All skills levels are welcome for all times (i.e. there is no competitive heat only).
– It is preferred that participants register online, however there will be race day registration as well.
– Participants may arrive early to stretch and prepare for the race, but may not enter the start line corrals until 15 minutes prior to their assigned heat. Spectators are welcome!
-Participants will receive their race bibs and t-shirts on race day. Please affix to the front of your shirt or shorts/pants.
– Participants and spectators are not required to wear masks nor will proof of vaccination be required. However, we encourage and will enforce social distancing.
– There will be one (1) water station during the course, but runners are encouraged to bring their own hydration.
Whether this is your first or fiftieth 5K, we guarantee you a fun time with a great group of local trail runners – in the beautiful Greenbelt!
Support the Greenbelt While You Run!
Your participation and race fee help support the not-for-profit Greenbelt Conservancy mission to maintain and grow our trail system, offer environmental education initiatives for people of all ages and abilities, and promote stewardship of the Greenbelt’s open space. The Conservancy works in partnership with NYC Parks. Visit our website: sigreenbelt.org.
About the Course
Fall Flat takes you along the White Trail and around Willowbrook Lake; it is flat and well-suited for novice runners and walkers as well as more competitive athletes. The trails wind and turn, and you must follow course markers to ensure you head in the right direction You will encounter uneven surfaces, gullies, tree roots, logs, rocks, foot bridges and mud – it’s a trail race! The course is clearly marked with overhead ribbons. Course marshals are in place to provide assistance.
Timing, Race Shirts and Awards/Medals
The race is professionally chip-timed . Swag and branded race bibs are provided for all registered runners. Race results and photos are posted on the the Greenbelt Conservancy’s Facebook page within 48 hours of race day.
We are not able to refund race fees but can help you transfer your bib number to a person of your choice within 24 hours of race day.
We look forward to welcoming back familiar faces and greeting new friends. If you have any questions about Fall Flat, or the Greenbelt in general, please feel free to contact us at Greenbelt headquarters by phone by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you from the Greenbelt Conservancy!
Thank you for running (or walking) to support the Greenbelt Conservancy, a nonprofit organization that works in partnership with NYC Parks to care for the Greenbelt. We are grateful to our event supporters: NYC Council Members, Joseph Borelli and Steven Matteo. A special thank you to our amazing volunteers and staff members.