We are hiring! The Greenbelt Conservancy seeks a part-time bookkeeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements.
Please click here to download a PDF of the announcement. A list of anticipated duties and preferred qualifications also appears below.
Strong working knowledge of accounting; knowledge in MS Excel, QuickBooks and standard office procedures; possess excellent interpersonal communication skills, well organized and consistent follow- up practices; Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience plus 3- 5 years of experience in the non-profit sector, including grant management and reporting.
- Reconcile bank/general information for various bank accounts
- Track cash flow of general funds operating account
- Post expenditures and receipts to appropriate accounts, ensuring necessary documentation and substantiation of billings
- Prepare checks for vendors/contractors and expenditure reimbursements
- Process receipts for bank deposits
- Reconcile cash receipts from Carousel and Nature Center operations
- Responsible for payroll transactions and personnel files
- Responsible for purchasing functions
- Maintain record of grant awards and receipts
- Assist with composing budget reports
- Maintain liaison with Conservancy subsidiaries regarding financial transactions
- Prepare updates and distribute reports and statements as directed
- Prepare monthly statement of Activity and Balance Sheet reports and reconciliation to the Finance Committee.
- Prepare reports required by the Park Administrator/Executive Director, the Board and auditors
- Act as Liaison to Finance Committee
- Assist in composition of Annual Budget
- Assist in preparation of Audited Financial Statements
- Assist in preparation of Form 990
Salary commensurate with experience. The Greenbelt Conservancy is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Steven Cain: steven.cain (AT) parks.nyc.gov